Gestalt therapy is more about experiencing than analyzing and focuses on the present moment than in the past. This therapist is a psychotherapeutic approach. Gestalt therapy also acknowledges that people are made up of three separate components mind, body, and soul which functions as a whole. Gestalt Therapy was developed in the 1940s. This therapy is quite unique in the field of psychotherapy.
Gestalt therapy focuses on the present and to help people work through their unfinished business. this therapy makes patient accept and appreciate themselves completely, patients are free to move past pain, fear, anxiety, depression, and even low self-esteem.
Some Facts about Gestalt Therapy
Therapists challenge clients with questions to increase their awareness of feelings, so the patient has the ability to deal with everyday situations.
- Gestalt therapy emphasis here and now, rather than what happened in the past.
- It is based on the assumption that people respond to a variety of levels of awareness.
- In Gestalt Therapy, people work on owning their experiences and developing their whole person.
- Responsibility is important in gestalt therapy. It enables the individual to react rather than respond.
A key concept of Gestalt Therapy
A few key ideas underlie Gestalt Therapy, a significant number of which are like that of individual focused and existential treatment. what makes Gestalt therapy different from other therapies are some of the ideas added by Perl’s and associates (who developed this therapy)
Related Post – Behavioral Therapy- A Psychological Services
1.wholeness and integration
which means Gestalt therapy considered the whole person. the individual’s brain, body, and soul as one unit rather than as discrete parts. Integration refers to how these separate parts fit together and how the individual integrates into the environment.
Awareness is one of the most vital elements in Gestalt Therapy
People lack awareness because of two key factors:
- Low Self-esteem
- Preoccupation with the past
If they are aware, they’re able to manage themselves in them encircle.
There are three ways people can achieve awareness through their therapy:
- Here and now present– being conscious at the present moment rather than worrying about the past or the future.
- Contact with the environment: This is through looking, listening, touching, talking, moving, smelling, and tasting.
- Responsibility: individual taking responsibility for his or her own life rather than blaming others.
3. Therapists focus on the energy in the body
This therapy focuses on where is the energy in the body and how it is used. for example, a person might not be using eye contact while communicating, in Gestalt therapy, identifies that as being a blockage.
Means people do not finish things in their life, don’t give closure. people may resent the past because they are unable to focus on the present.
- The goal of Gestalt Therapy
- understand your behaviors and how they make you unhappy
- recognize and work towards your potential
- feel more self-aware and take personal responsibility
- feel integrated and whole
- learn to get your needs met while still respecting the needs of others
- find solutions for present-day problems.
- recognized your negative thought pattern
Related Post – Online psychology services
Gestalt therapy help you with?
- Relationship difficulties
Mindscape was born to help people explore the other side of their being and aid in unraveling what has been hidden for years together. It’s all about having the convenience of choosing your time through a day, having the comfort of being seated in your own space to sort out some of the concerns you have in store with your therapist or even have the option of doing some psychometric assessments that have been suggested, just the same way.
Mindscape provides Clinical and Forensic Psychological Services. like Online psychologist therapy, Psychological services, Online psychologist therapy, Psychologist consultation, Online psychological service, and many more therapies.